Let Second Life Technology handle your e-Waste disposal needs. We have a multi-channel resale and recycling stream to ensure nothing we handle goes to the landfill. Additionally, any data devices we encounter are sanitized to NIST 800-88 standards, so your sensitive data are protected. We can also provide chain of custody documentation and secure data erasure certificates for any hard drives or other data devices we receive. If your institution requires a legal MOU for data destruction, we can provide a document for your legal team to review.
Here's what this process looks like from your end.
1. We provide you with 1 or more Gaylord Boxes (Usually sized 48" x 40" x 36" or larger) and a pallet for each to sit on.
2. Fill the box with eWaste/Legacy systems. Here's a basic list of what we take. When its filled up, call us to schedule a pickup. Usually we can pick up next day.
3. We will bring empty boxes and pallets in whatever quantity you need. Just let us know when you schedule.
Here's what this process looks like from our end.
1. Our first priority is to refurbish and resell items in the secondary market, giving your legacy systems and eWaste a Second Life.
2. We harvest parts to sell in the secondary market.
3. Anything left after stages 1 and 2, is broken down. We are able to easily and selectively separate plastics, metals, boards, wire, and components. These components are then sent to recyclers.
Items we accept:
The term e-Waste generally applies to consumer and business electronic equipment that is near or at the end of its useful life. More specifically, we are happy to take any of the following:
Computers, monitors, printers, copiers, routers, networking equipment (including racks), phones of all kinds, wire, batteries, audio and video equipment, printed circuit boards, electronics peripherals and accessories, toner cartridges, electronic medical equipment, lighting, and digital signage equipment.
If you have e-Waste that doesn't quite fit these categories, please get in touch. We can give you an answer, usually within a few minutes.